a month agoArsenal fullback Kolasinac talks for first time about car-jacking incident

first_imgAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Arsenal fullback Kolasinac talks for first time about car-jacking incidentby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal fullback Sead Kolasinac insists he is focused on football again.The Bosnia international and teammate Mesut Ozil were the victims of an attempted carjacking last month, with both players only recently returning to action.Speaking ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash with Frankfurt, Kolasinac insisted he is ready to play.He said: “About what happened I don’t want to talk about it in details. It’s happened. It belongs in the past. The same with Mesut.”We are back and we focused on our jobs.”Well of course I’m happy to be back. Of course mentally this was hard, missing also training for a couple of days. I made up for it. “I’m back and happy to be back with the team and able to perform with them.” last_img read more

Read More →

Shell to Fuel Worlds 1st LNGPowered Aframax Tankers

first_imgzoom Russia’s SCF Group (Sovcomflot) has signed an agreement with Shell Western LNG B.V. (Shell) for the supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to fuel the first Aframax crude oil tankers in the world to be powered by LNG. Under the deal, Shell will provide the LNG fuel for the new generation of SCF Group’s 114,000 deadweight ice-classed Aframax tankers that are scheduled to come into operation beginning in Q3 2018. They will operate primarily between the Baltic and Northern Europe transporting crude oil and petroleum products.Shell will fuel the vessels from a specialized LNG bunker vessel at the Gas Access to Europe (GATE) terminal in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and other supply points in the Baltic. Each LNG-fuelled tanker will have an ice class 1A hull enabling year-round export operations from the Russian Baltic, SCF said.Image Courtesy: Sovcomflot“This is an important next step for gas as part of the energy mix. The decision to work with SCF Group to power the world’s first LNG-fuelled Aframax crude oil tankers is evidence of Shell’s commitment to LNG as a transport fuel. LNG will increasingly play a larger role in helping the shipping industry meet new emissions regulations,” said Maarten Wetselaar, Integrated Gas and New Energies Director at Shell.The signing of the deal marks the fulfilment of an MOU signed between Shell and SCF in September 2015 to develop Marine LNG fuelling for large-capacity tankers.The concept for these tankers was developed jointly by technical specialists from SCF Group and shipbuilders, including the Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Centre and Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), the technology partners of Zvezda shipbuilding complex.The concept was developed as part of the preparation for the construction of such vessels at Zvezda, which is envisaged to start by 2021.last_img read more

Read More →

TorontoMontreal in 39 minutes Hyperloop judges say this route is a winner

first_imgThe Toronto-Montreal corridor has taken the prize as one of the strongest candidates in the world for a hyperloop system that could cut travel time between the cities from five hours to just 39 minutes.But transportation expert Martin Collier says there’s no way he’s going to be the first to buy a ticket to ride in a bullet-shaped craft that would travel through a tube at speeds of around 1,000 kilometres per hour, four times faster than high-speed rail.“I think I’ll be watching — if I’m still alive when it hits the ground and is ready to go,” said the founder of Transport Futures, which promotes education about transportation issues, on Friday.“I’ll probably wait and see whether other people like it first. I’m not an early adopter.”The Toronto-Montreal route was the only Canadian winner among 10 entries chosen from hundreds in an international competition sponsored by Los Angeles-based Hyperloop One, which has a working hyperloop test system in the Nevada desert.“The results of the Hyperloop One Global Challenge far exceeded our expectations,” said Rob Lloyd, CEO of Hyperloop One, in a statement posted on its website on Thursday.“These 10 teams each had their unique strengths in showcasing how they will alleviate serious transportation issues in their regions… Studies like this bring us closer to our goal of implementing three full-scale systems operating by 2021.”Hyperloop is a technology promoted by Tesla founder Elon Musk which would place passengers and cargo in a cylindrical vehicle which accelerates via electric propulsion through a low-air-pressure tube, suspended above the track using magnetic levitation. The vehicles are expected to glide at airline speeds for long distances due to ultra-low aerodynamic drag.Hyperloop One’s nine other winning entries included four in the United States, two in each of the United Kingdom and India, and one in Mexico. All are now be studied to determine commercial viability.Sebastien Gendron, CEO of Toronto startup TransPod, says his company aims to have an operating hyperloop system in Canada as early as 2025 and he’s confident the public will embrace the technology.“We already travel at that speed with an aircraft and the main difference with our system is we are on the ground,” he said. “And it’s safer to be on the ground than in the air.”He added TransPod is talking with the federal transportation department to ensure safety regulations are in place for when the technology is ready to be implemented.Gendron said he agrees with Hyperloop One that the Toronto-Montreal corridor is suitable for a system because traffic is heavy and there is no existing high-speed ground travel alternative for travellers.But he said TransPod is also interested in the Calgary-Edmonton corridor in Alberta — he is bidding for provincial and city support for a four- to 10-kilometre-long test track on public land near Calgary to test his company’s technology.If granted and sufficient funds are raised, he says the track could be operational by 2020, the technology could be finalized by 2022 and the first commercial system could be in place between 2025 and 2030.Gendron said a hyperloop ticket from Edmonton to Calgary would cost $60 to $80, one way. He estimates it would cost $25 million to $29 million to build a kilometre of TransPod track, about half of the cost of a high-speed rail line.The winning Hyperloop One contest route as proposed by the Canadian arm of U.S. engineering firm AECOM would include a stop in Ottawa. The proposal suggests a trip from Toronto to Ottawa would take 27 minutes and the Ottawa-Montreal leg would take another 12 minutes.It says the next logical step would be to extend the hyperloop system into the U.S., west to Detroit from Windsor, Ont., and east from Quebec to Niagara Falls and Buffalo and on toward Chicago, New York and Boston.Follow @HealingSlowly on Twitter.last_img read more

Read More →

Grande Prairie RCMP seek publics assistance in locating missing youth

first_imgGRANDE PRAIRIE, A.B. – Grande Prairie RCMP are asking for the public’s assistance in locating 15-year-old Dana Buckley.According to RCMP, Buckley was last seen in the Grande Prairie Area on July 21, 2019.Buckley is described as: Female5’4″Approximately 120 lbsLong brown hairRCMP say there is a concern for her well-being.Anyone with information on Buckley’s whereabouts is being asked to call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.last_img

Read More →

Huawei says no legal case against Australia, for now

first_imgSydney: Chinese telecoms giant Huawei said Friday it had no immediate plans to mount a legal challenge over Australia’s decision to bar the company’s equipment from the 5G network Down Under. A day after taking Donald Trump’s administration to court for banning US federal agencies from buying Huawei products, the firm said no such move was envisaged in Australia. “Whilst we have our differences with the federal government, we would still rather work cooperatively,” a company spokesman told AFP. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in Sep “A legal challenge is not a priority at this moment.” Australia in August announced guidelines on contracts to build fifth generation mobile networks in the country which effectively barred Huawei and another Chinese giant, ZTE, from the project. Canberra cited intelligence agency warnings against the “involvement of vendors who are likely to be subject to extrajudicial directions from a foreign government”. As Huawei has grown, fears have emerged that the company could effectively provide the Chinese state with a switch to cut critical infrastructure during a crisis. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to Customs While Huawei insists it is a private company, its founder Ren Zhengfei is a 74-year-old former People’s Liberation Army engineer. And while there are no formal ties with the state, in practice large Chinese firms and the ruling Communist Party are intricately interlinked. In 2015, Beijing passed a law obliging its corporations to aid the government on matters of national security. That, coupled with Beijing’s more muscular foreign and security policy overseas, has raised concerns among members of the Five Eyes intelligence sharing collective. All five members — Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand and the United States — have taken at least some steps toward limiting Huawei’s role in sensitive infrastructure. But at the same time, Huawei has become enmeshed in local economies. The company says its business in Australia alone is worth Aus dollars 650 million and has 700 employees, and its equipment is used directly or indirectly by half the population.last_img read more

Read More →

India mulls hosting second WTO mini-ministerial meet next month

first_imgNew Delhi: India is planning to host the second informal meeting of trade ministers from about 20 member nations of the World Trade Organization (WTO) here next month amid growing challenges for global trade, Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu has said. This meeting assumes significance as several countries are raising questions over the relevance of the global trade body. Many countries are also taking protectionist measures, impacting global trade. Also Read – Thermal coal import may surpass 200 MT this fiscal”We are planning this (meeting) in May. We will be inviting about 20 WTO member countries this time,” he said. The US had imposed high duties on imports of certain steel and aluminium products, which triggered a major trade tariff tussle. Recently, the WTO cautioned that the global trade will continue to face strong headwinds this year and in 2020 after growing slower-than-expected in 2018 due to rising trade tensions and increased economic uncertainty. Also Read – Food grain output seen at 140.57 mt in current fiscal on monsoon boostIndia has time and again stressed the importance and relevance of the WTO for promoting global trade. In March last year, over 50 nations participated in a meeting here which was convened by India to explore options for resolving various issues and re-invigorating the WTO. That meeting was organised in the wake of talks collapsing at the Buenos Aires ministerial conference in December 2017. India had appealed to the WTO members to identify common ground for strengthening the multi-lateral trade body amid challenges being faced by it following the deadlock at the Buenos Aires ministerial in December. Talking about the proposed national ecommerce policy, the minister said the draft is in the public domain and the ministry would look at all suggestions and views. “Every objections raised by small or big traders, we will take it on board,” he said. Concerns have been raised by certain quarters over some proposals of the draft policy related with data localisation and cross border flow of data. Meanwhile, Prabhu, who quit railways portfolio in 2017 after two rail accidents, also said initiatives taken by him during his three-year stint are now yielding results. Prabhu said measures were taken for increasing capital investments, track renewal and improving passenger convenience. “Railways spent Rs 2.75 lakh crore in the first three years (2014-17) as opposed to Rs 3 lakh crore cumulative in first 70 years. So that was the capital expenditure and now you are seeing the results of that,” he said in an interview. He said in the three years, when he was the railways minister, all the backlog of track renewal was completed. “We almost covered the backlog (of track renewal). So now you are actually seeing the result of that. There is hardly any derailment…We did things to ensure safety,” he added.last_img read more

Read More →

Jyotirmoy Mahato is BJP candidate from Purulia

first_imgKolkata: The BJP has finally fielded its district president Jyotirmoy Mahato as a candidate to contest in the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections from Purulia.The announcement was a delayed one. The party had already announced its candidates in 40 seats in various phases with the two constituencies — Purulia and Burdwan-Durgapur remaining undecided. The BJP declared the names of its 42 candidates in five phases. There was considerable resentment brewing amongst the BJP workers in Purulia as the Central leadership took a long time to announce the candidature. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaIt was learnt from sources that there was a tussle between the leaders to select the candidate in Purulia. The opinions were divided among the state leaders on who would be the befitting candidate there. Some leaders of the saffron party were said to have backed another candidate whom they thought to a better one for the job. The Central leaders, however, finally came up with the name of Mahato who has been a known face in the district. He has been working for the party in the district for quite sometime. The district BJP leaders believe that the selection of candidate will reap political dividends for them during the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.last_img read more

Read More →

Amit Shah will be home minister if BJP returns to power: Kejriwal

first_imgNew Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday said if the BJP comes back to power then the party president Amit Shah would be the Union home minister. He said in a tweet people should think what will happen to a country who has Shah as the home minister. “Please think about that before voting,” he tweeted. With his tweet, he also tagged a post of a polling agency tracking Indian electoral trends which claimed Amit Shah is positioning himself for the role of home minister if Modi returns, and said ex Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Virmani and former RBI Governor Bimal Jalan can make a good finance minister. Delhi goes to polls this Sunday in the sixth phase of parliamentary elections and the results will be declared on May 23.last_img read more

Read More →